Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hominy Grill: Charleston, SC


My First official Hog and Blog...Charleston, South Carolina.  

Home of deep fried everything and the deepest of Southern Style food fare.

My parents and I decide to go to a Charleston favorite:

Hominy Grill

Since I only visit Charleston 1.5 times per year, I thought this would be a good time to rate some southern style food.

I ordered the Curry Chicken and apple salad sandwich with my choice of side being cole slaw.

 

There were probably 20 vegetable sides that you could choose from but cole slaw seemed like a good healthy choice. 

Warning about the cole slaw... RED SLAW.  made with vinegar and ketchup instead of mayonaise...not my favorite. I also noticed that mac n cheese was on the "vegetable" list as well...funny how southerners think.

There were many interesting things on the menu:  FRIED GREEN TOMATO BLT, Housemande Hot Pepper Jelly served with goat cheese and sesame water crackers, Sauteed Chicken Livers deep fried in ham gravy, and Shrimp and Grits.

The service was great and the outdoor patio was an excellent choice.  

 

After extensively studying this fine establishment

 HOMINY GRILL's BURPT score is as follows

 

Budget  = 16/20   $54 (3 for lunch...but includes deserts :))

 

Uniqueness = 18/20  although its southern...its unique to me..boiled peanuts instead of bread for the starters.

 

Results= 19/20  very fresh ingredients didn't cause any aftermath issues

 

Portions =18/20  perfect portions but sometimes leftovers are good.

 

Taste = 17/20 not amazing but still good.

 

HOMINY GRILL OVERALL BURPT=88

 

I also ordered some desert which I have to say was some of the best I have ever had.  I should have some sort of separate rating for desert:)



No comments:

Post a Comment